South Paw Translation is the trading name of NAATI Certified Japanese to English translator Melanie Taylor.
- an experienced, trained, NAATI Certified Translator of Japanese into English.
- a New Zealander who loves languages, connecting people, and travel.
- currently based in Auckland after living & working in Japan (Ehime & Niigata) for thirteen years and Australia (Melbourne) for three years.
- a member of New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters (NZSTI), Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT), Japan Association of Translators (JAT), and American Translators Association (ATA).
- an alumni association member of The University of Auckland, Monash University, and the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme.
- committed to ongoing professional development and lifelong learning.
- a Master of Interpreting & Translation Studies from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
- current NAATI certification as Japanese to English translator.
- passed Level 1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
- over ten years of experience as an in-house translator & publicist in Japan for Kitamaesen Co., Ltd., working at events in Japan and traveling worldwide on performance tours as a bilingual company manager for Kodo Taiko Performing Arts Ensemble.
- over seventeen years of experience teaching English (as a Second/Foreign Language) to all ages & levels, predominantly in Japan as a lecturer at Ehime University and instructor at Japanese public schools, language schools, and companies. I currently offer private lessons via Skype.
- a keen interest in performing arts, photography, travel, international exchange, education, medicine, and many other fields.
If you would like to inquire our services, please get in touch with us by email. We look forward to hearing from you.
© 2020 South Paw Translation All Rights Reserved