I am Melanie Taylor of South Paw Translation, Auckland, New Zealand.
- an experienced, trained, NAATI Accredited Professional Translator of Japanese into English.
- a New Zealander who loves languages, connecting people, and travel.
- currently based in Auckland after living & working in Japan (Ehime & Niigata) for thirteen years and Australia (Melbourne) for three years.
- a member of New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters (NZSTI), Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT), and Japan Association of Translators (JAT).
- an alumni association member of The University of Auckland, Monash University, and the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme.
- a Master of Interpreting & Translation Studies from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
- current NAATI Accreditation as Professional Japanese to English translator.
- passed Level 1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
- over ten years of experience as an in-house translator & publicist in Japan for Kitamaesen Co., Ltd., working at events in Japan and traveling worldwide on performance tours as a bilingual company manager for Kodo Taiko Performing Arts Ensemble.
- over seventeen years of experience teaching English (as a Second/Foreign Language) to all ages & levels, predominantly in Japan as a lecturer at Ehime University and instructor at Japanese public schools, language schools, and companies. I currently offer private lessons via Skype.
- a keen interest in performing arts, photography, travel, international exchange, education, medicine, and many other fields.
If you would like to inquire about my services, please get in touch with me by email. I look forward to hearing from you.
© 2018 South Paw Translation All Rights Reserved